Sunday, November 28, 2010

Practising The Art of Doing Nothing


I am having a 17 days off from office starting from last 12 Nov. This is a common practice in financial industries that their employees are required to take certain consecutive business days away from office--some calls it core leave or block leave.So, here I am, in the middle of 10 business days off (plus the weekends and national holiday, hell, the total is 17 days!).

When I decided to have my core leave in November, I was planning to join a camp in Central Java for 14 days. However, since two best friends of mine were getting married and it's impossible for me for not attending the weddings, I called it off. So, here I am, having 17 days off with 2 weddings attended.

Plan B, going out of town with best friends. At first, we were planning going to Jogja, but was canceled relating to Merapi's volcanic status. Plan C, going to Malang - again, canceled, also relating to Bromo's volcanic status (Plus, no budget for air traveling, I spent a quite over-budget spending in early November).

So, here I am, spending 17 days off by attending 2 weddings and wandering around the town, and BORED.
Yes, I am bored. Super-duper bored.

I was once attended a retreat last year (I wrote it in this entry), in which we were taught to live in the here and in the now. Well, I understood and practiced it well in the retreat, but not anymore now. I cannot be patient living in the here and in the now. I cannot live my days off doing nothing. I feel like I HAVE to do something. I cannot do nothing like this. At this point, I just run into my sleeping habit - for a very long hours, wishing that I would find something to do later after I woke up.

I cannot practice the so-called art of doing nothing. It is frustrating for me. It annoys me very much for doing nothing. And it came to me that I could annoy people around me, and FAT!

Gosh, I gotta do something to spend my next holidays. *sigh*

1 comments:

milkydot said...

Now lady, do practice a lot...u'll eventually enjoy the-so-called "art of doing nothing". Hahahaha..itu tandanya lo udah kerja terlalu keras, sampe ga bs kalo ga ngapa2in..hahahaha