Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Felicity [2]

previously on here

That night, I got a phone call from my friend's daughter. She was trembled and panicking. She barely said a word.

She only said, "Auntie... auntie... It's mommy..."

"Holy, what's going on?" I shouted at her, feeling that it must be a very serious situation could make Holy, a very talkative teenage girl, couldn't say a complete sentence.

"Take a deep breath, and tell me what happened," I ordered her, panicking too.

I heard her took a deep breath.

"Auntie," she began to calm down than before, "It's mommy, she got an accident. Can you please come to the hospital?"
"How is she? Where is your daddy?"
"I think she's not OK. I saw lots of blood. Daddy's out of town."
"Okay, I'm going there right now. Text me when you got any updates," I hung up the phone, got dressed, and flying to the hospital. At least, it was how I think I was getting to the hospital. I couldn't remember my self driving. I just thought about Sandy. I was so worried that I couldn't think about how I got there.

When I finally arrived in the hospital, I can barely find Holy in the emergency room. She sat in the corner, crying in silence. I hold her in my arms.
"Holy, where's your mom?"
"They took her inside. They haven't given me any updates. I don't know how she is."
"How long has she been in there?"
"About an hour, maybe, I don't know. She's already inside when I got here."
"Auntie?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm scared... What if she couldn't make it?"
"Holy, honey, let's just pray the best for her. Um, where's your little brother anyway?"
"I told him to stay at home. I came here by taxi."
"Oh, OK. Holy, I'll go there and ask someone to get some updates on your mom's condition. You stay here, OK?"
"OK, Auntie."
"OK"
"Auntie?"
"Yes?"
"Don't be too long, OK?"
"OK"

[continue to part 3]

0 comments: