Sunday, September 27, 2009

Are you satisfied with what you have now?

Today, an old friend of mine asked a question: "It seems like you got a great job, huh?"
Well, not exactly a question, actually. But from that sentence, I started to think about my job.
About my life, my boyfriend, my family, about all things I have now in my life.

Am I satisfied with my life?

Up to now, I never consider my life as perfect, neither so gross.
I have more than enough to stay alive and not to worry about tomorrow.
I have the job that gives me enough money to pay my bills, a house to stay, a family who loves me, a sister who's always there through my worst days, a boyfriend to cheer up my days, great friends to color up my life.
What else? All is good. All is fine and sound. I should have rejoiced for all I have in my life.

Yes, there are dissatisfactions, I can't deny it.
But, not having a thing or two doesn't make me feel that bad. I just need to refocus my mind on good things I already have now--not on things I don't have--and how to utilize them to do something good.

0 comments: