Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Patrick, Patrik & Patrick

I'm always interested in the name "Patrick". I don't know why. The first Patrick I like is Patrick Rafter, the famous tennis player in his era, with his so-called thunder ace  (??). Well, despite his long and never ending injuries (which--in the end--ended his career), actually what made me liked him is his pictures in magazines and newspapers as the model for Rayban.

From this God of Tennis' (as I read in one of fanpage after google-ing) name, I give the name Patrik to my lovely and adorable laptop (don't ask me about his specs, I can tell you that, though he might be a so-out-of-date laptop but he's been with me through all the good & bad times. So yeah, you don't get to ask me that).

Patrik will be 2 years old in April. I bought him with my own money after having the oh-so-unforgetable internship to complete my college. He was sick severely back in 2008.  In one of my chit-chat with my sister, she asked why I named him Patrik and which Patrik is he named after. Confidently, I answered the question #2 without even bothering to answer the first one: Patrick Rafter. Then you know what??? She LAUGHED. "Pantesan ajah sering sakit-sakitan. Patrik Rafter kan cedera mulu."

Huh... So what? The thing is, he's handsome.. ahahhahahaha...

Now, the third Patrick in my life, Patrick Dempsey. Yes, THAT Patrick. No explanation for this Patrick. ^^

0 comments: